Rules & Regulations
Trails are a wonderful way to spend an enjoyable day, relaxing and taking in the sights. You will see some spectacular scenery and natural areas as you travel the trails. We ask that you observe these few rules of the trail etiquette so that everyone's outing will be fun and you will help preserve trails for future generations.
- Please stay on the main trails! Some areas have rare sensitive plants and small animals that can be easily damaged or destroyed. Don't make new trails or use unmarked (unsigned) trails.
- Some areas may require user fees. Please prepare to pay a fee.
- Please respect neighbouring landowners by staying off private trails and property. Avoid excessive noise.
- Please leave the trail as you found it; whatever you pack in, pack out.
- Please leave the wildflowers and wildlife for others to enjoy.
- Keep dogs on a leash at all times while on the trail.
- ALL USERS to slow to a walking speed when meeting up with other USERS and be prepared to stop.
- Respect and be courteous to other users who are also using shared use trails. Always yield right of way to other trail users who are approaching or passing. Be certain to communicate in advance with riders of Horses, Dog Teams and those walking pets.
- Use bridges for water crossings.
- Please slow down when your vision of the trail is restricted.
- Avoid sudden stops and starts and quick directional changes with acceleration.
Ontario ATV Regulations
List of regions that have passed a bylaw allowing ATV's on the road:
- Municipality of Hastings Highlands
- Town of Bancroft
- Township of Faraday
- Township of Carlow Mayo
- Township of Tudor & Cashel
- Township of Limerick
- Township of Wollaston
- Township of Madawaska Valley
- Township of Killaloe, Hagarty & Richards
- Township of Brudenell, Lyndock & Raglan
- Township of Addington Highlands
- Township of Laurentian Hills
- Township of Greater Madawaska
- Township of Admaston/Bromley
- Township of Horton
- Township of Renfrew
- Township of McNab-Braeside
- Town of Arnprior
- Township of Montague
- Township of North Frontenac
- Township of Tay Valley
- Township of Central Frontenac
- Township of South Frontenac
- Municipality of Marmora & Lake
- Township of Madoc
- Municipality of Tweed
- Township of Stirling-Rawdon
- Municipality of Centre Hastings
- Township of Tyendinaga
- Quinte West - Just N of 401
- Township of Stone Mills
- Town of Greater Napanee
- Loyalist Township
- Prince Edward County
- Township of Cramahe
- Township of Alnwick-Haldimand
- Township of Havelock-Belmont-Methuen
- Municipality of Highlands East
List of regions that have not passed a bylaw allowing ATV's on the road:
- Lanark County
- Lennox and Addington County
- Town of Deseronto
- Trent Hills
- Quinte West - Southern half